Saturday, May 29, 2010

I was hiding under your porch because I love you.

Today is Saturday. Tomorrow should be Sunday and I all goes according to plan, the day following tomorrow will be Monday. But yesterday I started reading Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and will go on to read its sequel, The long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul.

I had recently completed reading part 6 of three of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which is correctly named, ...And Another Thing. That book is not written but the late great Douglas Adams but it was pretty good none the less. The jokes were a little pushed but there was an actual structure to the plot,which is an interesting change for the series. Before I began reading I was at a cross as to my feelings for a sequel not written by Adams himself and actually getting a continuation of the series. I should be angry that they could ruin the classic story but I should be happy I get more Hitchhikers. In the end I thought the book was good- not as crazy and unpredictable as the original series- but good enough to make me want more.

But I digress.

I love that word.

My point is that I am now reading DA again, I had only read Dirk's books once before and fell in love, so I thought I should fall in love again and I have. Douglas Adams is awesome.

So the question I ask you is what this blog is about. No seriously, I ask because it would be nice to know. So I think I am gong to try and do more entries because it will give me something pleasant to do in the mid-afternoon-morning-evening sun-in the shade-on my balcony.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first entry of 42 now that I have thought of doing it this way.

    ReplyDelete