Saturday, December 19, 2009

Today is a brand new day.

A few months ago I found out about a large amount of movies that I would be wanting to see around Christmas. Before I even saw the trailers I knew I would be first in line the day of their premieres. I didn't even have to think, I knew those movies would be must see cinema. But could ever have predicted that I, the man who would be first in line, would end up at the end of the line and in a line that is weeks old.

The first movie I found out about was the best news in the world. When I heard Princess and the Frog would be made, I was incredibly and unbelievably excited that a 2d hand drawn Disney film would be made after years of hearing that 2d was dead. So you could only imagine how much I wanted to see this movie. I didn't even care what the plot was, I just wanted to see the beauty of 2d once again. I could even see this movie muted and still be happy.

The second movie I heard about was A Christmas Carol. I don't now if you have heard about my love for Robert Zemeckis, but in case you haven't, I love him. If I could, I would marry Robert Zemeckis's brain and he is the reason why I want to make films. Anyways, let's just say that I have seen beowulf and liked it. So A Christmas Carol was going to be his next film therefore my anticipation for his next foray in to celloid was large. Very large, lots of anticipation here. Lots.

The last film I found out about was a small movie called 2012. All I can really say is that I like disaster movies and I like the whole idea of the mayan calendar ending. I also liked The Day After Tomorrow. When it came to hearing about this movie, I had already mentally bought my ticket.

Now I have to make this quick, my movie is starting. All I wanted to say is that because of my school and busy life I was never able to even think about seeing these films when they came out. Now finally, I am currently in the theatre and about to see 2012. About a month after it has come out in theatres. This is only my first and I have lots of catching up to do, jeez I think there is a lot more commercials before the movie then there ever used to be. I was able to type this last paragraph after the lights went down. Not one trailer yet! Argh maybe its good I never saw them till now. I miss having no commercials. Okay, honestly. This much? Well now with avatar coming out..... So many more. Argh I hate loving movies so much.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment